May 12, 2020
Marion Ellis gathered four surveying experts to discuss inspecting residential properties during Covid-19.
A coveted speaker and technical author, Phil is a Chartered Building Surveyor with an expertise in the diagnosis of defects and dampness in residential properties. He has many years of experience in the social housing, higher education and residential sectors and is one of the founders of BlueBox Partners.
Specialist residential valuer and Chartered Surveyor undertaking a wide range of inspections and reports for corporates and private companies since 1983. Currently, he owns a member practice under the Allied Surveyors umbrella. More recently Chris has taken up training with Bluebox. He is an active mentor for five students currently going through assessment with Sava.
With over 40 years' experience in the sector working in a wide range of organisations, Alan now leads a small family practice in Staffordshire focusing on residential survey and valuations. He delivers presentations and training through BlueBox for individual firms as well as RICS and Sava. He is also a part-time director of a sign manufacturing company.
Connect with Alan:
Geoff is a sole practitioner based in Somerset. He is a specialist in pre-war and listed building pre-acquisition surveys and defects. he is the author of The defects timeline which is available for purchase at www.geoffrey-hunt.com. He is also the author of residential building defects. Geoff is interested in the journey that homeowners take and has based his service on high value to the client. His driving methodology is that if the customer sees value in it then provide it.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
* How to approach risk assessments on residential properties
* What the implementation of PPE measures might mean in practice
* How liaising with your client might change
* Why revising your fees is the right thing to do
* The pressures of head vs. heart vs. roof over your head
Connect with Marion Ellis:
* Instagram @marionsurveyor
* Twitter @marionsurveyor
* Facebook https://www.facebook.com/marionsurveyor/
* RICS Covid Response Page: https://www.rics.org/uk/news-insight/latest-news/coronavirus-and-rics-events/
* Lionheart: https://www.lionheart.org.uk