Apr 22, 2021
We've recently held a panel discussion about PII with a few experts in the field.
What we cover:
- What is a PII and how does ARP
- How to cover claims in the PII
- How to reduce liabilities
- What is the current state of the insurance market
Paul Holford BSc (Hons) MRICS is a member of the RICS with over 20 years post qualification experience. He is an RICS Registered Valuer, member of ALEP and highly experienced Chartered Surveyor. He is the owner and director of Morgan Sloane Chartered Surveyors who are regulated by the RICS, are ARMA partners and have the resources and experience necessary to provide expert advice to their clients.
Connect with Paul Holford:
Ruth Brown MRIC is a Chartered Surveyor and Director at Ruth Brown & Co ltd, providing bespoke surveying services throughout the Highlands and Islands.
Connect with Ruth Brown:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruth-brown-mrics-5492b843/
- Website https://www.ruthbrowncoltd.co.uk/
Mark Carver leads Miller’s UK and International Professional Risks team which provides professional indemnity (PI), cyber, directors’ & officers’ (D&O) insurance solutions to a wide variety of clients and brokers in the UK and internationally. His clients include Professional Bodies, Regulators, Top 100 law firms, Lloyd’s Brokers, Top 10 Surveyors and international brokers.
Connect with Mark Carver:
Alexandra Anderson is an insurance lawyer and partner at City law firm RPC, who specialises in defending claims against surveyors and valuers.
Either via their insurers and upon direct instructions, Alexandra regularly gets drafted in to act for surveyors on the defence of a wide variety of claims, arising from all aspects of the typical surveying practice, from survey and valuation to property management and receiverships.
Alexandra is a regular speaker and author on a wide range of industry topics. She co-edits Hogarth's 'Insurance for the Construction Industry' and was involved in the last 3 revisions to the RICS's minimum terms. She sits on the Market Liaison Group and works with RICS on a variety of risk management and education issues.
Connect with Alexandra Anderson:
Connect with Hugh Garnett, Regulatory Policy Manager at RICS:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hughgarnett/
Connect with Marion Ellis:
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/marionsurveyor/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/marionsurveyor/
- BlueBox https://www.blueboxpartners.com/
- Miller Insurance
- Reynolds Porter Chamberlain https://www.rpc.co.uk/
- RICS PII Requirements: https://www.rics.org/globalassets/rics-website/media/upholding-professional-standards/regulation/regulatory-support/professional-indemnity-insurance-requirements-version-8-april-2021-1.pdf
- RICS Minimum Policy Wording: https://www.rics.org/globalassets/rics-website/media/upholding-professional-standards/regulation/regulatory-support/2021-rics-approved-minimum-wording--uk-.pdf
- RICS Assigned Risks Pool: https://www.rics.org/uk/upholding-professional-standards/regulation/regulatory-support/professional-indemnity/assigned-risks-pool/
- Risk, Liability and Insurance Guidance Note: https://www.rics.org/uk/upholding-professional-standards/sector-standards/valuation/risk-liability-and-insurance/
- Episode 031 Claims and Compliance with Alexandra Anderson http://thesurveyorhub.co.uk/031-claims-and-compliance-masterclass-with-alexandra-anderson
- The Surveyor Hub Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.surveyor.hub.bluebox.partners